Playing catch-up : Connections, how I got connected with my Tuck contacts?

I am going to play catch up here at my blog; last few weeks have been so hectic I haven’t had a chance to post a lot. I plan to make amends for that over the next few days and post some interesting things that took place over this period.

Late in July, I had posted about reaching out to current Tuck students as well as alumni. I will devote this post to – How I connected with my contacts? My first contact at Tuck was a ‘friend of a friend’, sounds obvious I guess! I contacted this person and filled him in on my career aspirations, and guess what, based on my choice he got me in touch with two more alums.

The alums I spoke to had some great insights, but a lot of the key information that helped me make up my mind about Tuck came from current students. Again, it was one of these alums who got me in touch with a current student. The Tuck website is also a great resource to reach out to current students. Each student led club has its own web page, and apart from a lot of useful information about the clubs activities, they also have contact details of the club leaders. These are current students, mostly second year. So I looked up these clubs, found the ones that were of interest and e-mailed one member from each of these clubs. I did not get any response the next day, realizing that these students were in the middle of their internship I figured it was not reasonable to expect a prompt response. To maximize my chances, I contacted other members as well from each of the clubs and to my surprise I was flooded with responses. Within 2 days I had a response from all of them, I ended up speaking to eight current students with a wealth of information. 

3 Responses to “Playing catch-up : Connections, how I got connected with my Tuck contacts?”

SG said...

Hey...Can you give me the link from Tuck's website where you found a way to get connected to Tuckies. I somehow get lost in their website.

Also, have you tried emailing to AdCom directly. I have emailed twice but still waiting for a response.

Cognitive Bias said...

Sure. Can you email me, you can get my email from my profile.
I tried doing the same, looking up ur profile to email, but it is disabled. Maybe you did it intentionally :), but if not thought I will inform you so that you can enable it.

SG said...

I absolutely didn't know that...Let me email you....and enable my email...

Leave a reply

 
Copyright © CognitiveBias @ Blogspot : Bloggerized by Blogger Template