Want to make God laugh?

Earlier today I was discussing with my wife about the ROI of MBA from a top school and the debt I will incur in pursuing that MBA. I showed her the salary statistics of the school that happens to be my top choice now. Needless to say she was very impressed by the average base salary and bonus figures. I showed here more statistics – tuition reimbursement, other bonus etc. and slowly started drifting towards what life will look like post MBA. After listening to me very intently she finally said – ‘You are going too far with your train of thoughts. I like your dreams, but at this point all it does is remind me of the Woody Allen quote - If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans”.

She had conveyed her thoughts very well, I was probably taking it too far. I am still working on my applications and am nowhere near  completing them. The mention of the Woody Allen quote did get a chuckle out of me, but I am hoping that God is not laughing at my plans! 

No response to “Want to make God laugh?”

Leave a reply

 
Copyright © CognitiveBias @ Blogspot : Bloggerized by Blogger Template