Back to the grind - From GMAT to Essays and now back to GMAT.

I have spent most part of last 2 months researching schools and trying to build the plot for my essays. I think have done enough research on the schools (at least for some of them) but my essays – that’s a different story altogether. I think I have listed down enough points from all aspects of my life but somehow I am not able to push myself to put everything into coherent stories.

At this point I have decided to bring out my GMAT textbooks again and prepare simultaneously for the retake. Though I am not highly convinced about the timing of the retake, I don’t want to leave any stone unturned. More importantly this is my way of compensating for all that slack (even though I was so busy with my school research and thinking about essays) over the last few weeks.

This time for the GMAT I will have to be on the turbo mode right away and highly focused to improve on the weak areas from the last attempt. The BTG practice question set looks like a good place. 700 questions with high quality explanations, worth trying out I guess.  

7 Responses to “Back to the grind - From GMAT to Essays and now back to GMAT.”

dude,
try gmatclub.com too.
They have nice practise problems too.

Anil

Cognitive Bias said...

Sure, will check out buddy.

GRE said...

Thanks! Nice post! I also want to share this useful resource: http://www.gmatonlinetest.com

Cognitive Bias said...

Thanks GRE. Will try that out as well.

this is the prisoners dilemma my friend! :-)

As you imply, the main thing is to do as much practice as possible. It allows you to recognize the question types and patterns, and to see through the deliberate obfuscations built into the questions more easily.

Best of luck!

H. Silverman
Silverman GMAT Prep
www.GmatPrepTutor.com

Cognitive Bias said...

@Ellipsing.....I know, one day when I am at B-school (fingers crossed) and look back I will laugh at myself.

@Silverman. Thanks.

Leave a reply

 
Copyright © CognitiveBias @ Blogspot : Bloggerized by Blogger Template