Essays, essays and more essays!

Last week I submitted my first application (the only one till now), that was four essays and since then I have jumped on to Sloan and Fuqua applications. I took a two day break - now that the first one was done with subsequent ones should be a piece of cake. Absolutely wrong!

The MIT essays require a totally different approach, not that I did not know of this, but I assumed that my experiences writing the Tuck essays will come good. That has not been the case, thoughts flow naturally and take decent shape in the form of words and sentences, but each time I read my essay after completing a draft – it’s like I am missing some piece of the puzzle. Then I go into that endless loop trying to fit everything from my story into a single page.

Word limit does not help too. Almost every time I write an essay, I feel 700 is the right count for me. Somehow, removing those extra 40% takes more time than actually coming up with the first draft itself. 

2 Responses to “Essays, essays and more essays!”

Curious said...

Thanks for showing me the future! :-)

SG said...

ya...it happened with me as well...i cruised with two apps since beginning - ross and tuck - but found myself in same difficulty as u r in when i started with Kellogg - even with third school my experience of previous two schools was of lil help..:-(

Leave a reply

 
Copyright © CognitiveBias @ Blogspot : Bloggerized by Blogger Template