Duke Fuqua application – submitted!

Earlier today I submitted my third application, this one for the Fuqua School of Business. With this the first phase of my application process has come to a completion. The thing that stood out while I was preparing for these three applications was the drastic improvement as I went from one application to the next. I spent most of my time on my first application, and I thought I had come up with some terrific essays. But my second application, turned out to be much better (my opinion). By the third application, I was able to put more life into my essays. Essentially what I have learned is that as you move ahead with your applications you only get better, provided you devote sufficient time.
 
I have 2 months before the second round deadlines. But that doesn’t give me the license to relax. In fact, I think the next two months will be busier and more stressful that the last couple of months. I will save the reason for another post. 

3 Responses to “Duke Fuqua application – submitted!”

Lee said...

Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GMAT here: gmatonlinetest.com . I hope it's useful for GMAT test takers.

Mari said...

I completely agree!! I'm working on R2 apps and I've just run into a question from one of the applications that I just submitted last week and I've now thought of a much better response. I keep thinking about whether I should have submitted that essay last week but I can't do anything about it now. I guess essay writing becomes easier over time so it's only natural to progress over time.

Cognitive Bias said...

@Mari - absolutely right, it only gets better. All the best for your apps.

Leave a reply

 
Copyright © CognitiveBias @ Blogspot : Bloggerized by Blogger Template